- This event has passed.
Movement & Mental Health Webinar
8 February @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
There is evidence that regular movement helps to release hormones such as endorphins and serotonin which help lift your mood. It also helps promote dopamine and norepinephrine levels in the brain which helps to improve attention and focus. An increase in these hormones helps to reduce levels of cortisol, or stress hormones in the body. Join us to find out more.
Jeremy Martin, Think Healthy Me Associate and Ambassador for the Public Health Collaboration
• Over 50% in UK do little or no exercise
• Regular walkers live longer
• Exercise lowers risk of heart disease and diabetes
• Exercise lowers risk of certain cancers and can improve outcomes
• Exercise reduces the risk of dementia
• Exercise is a proven treatment for anxiety and depression
Eric Holmgren, Think Healthy Me Associate and Personal Trainer
• Recognize the importance of physical movement to mental health.
• Understand the 3 aspects of wellness-through-movement triangle.
• Be able to identify how to take your first step towards increased physical
Think Healthy Me CIC